Lost your driving license? Here’s how you can apply for a duplicate one
- By : Rajtechnews
- Category : Uncategorized
What to do if you’re in need of a duplicate driving license as the old one got lost, stolen or damaged? Transport offices across India offer duplicate driving licenses in case the holder has lost the original or if the original driving license has been stolen.
You can apply for a duplicate DL either online or directly at the RTO (regional transport office) without any hassles.
Documents to be submitted for duplicate driving license
- An FIR (first instance report) referring to the loss of the license
- Surrender of the original one (if the same is in a torn, mutilated or soiled state)
- Challan clearance report which would have to be applied for separately and submitted. This states that the individual didn’t have any outstanding bills or tickets connected to the driver’s license in question
- This is only handled in case of commercial vehicle licenses
- Application Form LLD (for intimation of loss or destruction of driving license and application for duplicate)
- All license holders should keep a photocopy of their licenses since there are a couple of details mentioned that might assist in tracking the misplaced one from records
- Details of the driving license
- Passport sized photographs
- Address proof documents for reference
- Age proof documents for reference
All the details in these forms will be cross-checked with the information already in the systems since these licenses were previously created. Since all information is gathered through records, the expiration date of the duplicate license will match the original.
Online steps to apply for a duplicate DL
1. File and submit the LLD form.
2. After completing the form, take a printout of the same.
3. Hand it over to the RTO office from where you originally got your driving license. Submit all necessary documents. You will not be required to take the driving test again to get a duplicate license.
4. Once you get done with all the formalities, the duplicate driving license will be sent to your registered home address via post.
5. You will also be given in receipt which you can use in lieu of driving license till you get your duplicate driving license.
Offline steps to apply for a duplicate DL
1. Visit the RTO office that issued your original driving license. File the LLD form and attach all documents mentioned. Additional documents might be asked for depending on the reason of applying for a duplicate license.
2. Pay a required nominal fee to get your duplicate driving license. Once this is done, you will get a receipt which can be used in place of a driving license until you get a duplicate license.
3. The duplicate driving license will be sent to your registered home address via post…….Read more>>